Monday, April 9, 2012

Judgement Day

Today the sign will be put up in the yard and the listing will go on the MLS.  I call it Judgement Day.  Starting today, strangers will look at pictures of my house and pass judgement on it.  What will they think?  What will they say to their friends, spouse, realtor about it?  Sometimes my mom looks at a listing on realtor.com and just says "disgusting."  Will someone say that about my house?  Probably. 

I know I shouldn't care because "to each their own" and "different strokes for different folks" but we put a lot of work into getting this house ready and making it what we think is beautiful.  I just want people to like it.

Mr. Molly says this whole process is 3 steps; 1) getting the house ready to sell, 2) selling it and buying a new one, and 3) moving.  He thinks the 3rd step is the hardest.

Are you kidding me?  No way.  The 2nd step is definitely the hardest for this Grade 1 -Type A personality.  I like to make lists, plan, check things off, have things to look forward to.  The process of selling/buying totally cancels that.  NOTHING is in my control.  Someone could want to see it at any time, or no one could ever want to see it.  I have no idea of timing and pretty much can't plan anything.  Not to mention the effort it takes someone like me to keep things looking "perfect" at all times... that's enough fodor for its own post.

So today is Judgement Day.  The sign goes up and the listing goes out.  Bring it ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment