Friday, April 27, 2012

Brain Dead

I was up really late working last night so I am pretty brain dead right now.  I actually feel numb to this whole process.  I've been trying to take emotion completely out of it because I'm so sick of getting my hopes up and then being disappointed when reality slaps me in the face.

This weekend we are scheduled to see 5 houses.  2 of them are Spec homes so I can't show them to you.  They are in a newer part of a neighborhood we like ok.  A bigger problem is that they will take several months to finish and probably have crappy unestablished yards. 

Of the 3 that are "move in ready" one is a foreclosure.  In a great neighborhood but at a ridiculously low price which makes me think that the inside has been beaten down.  Mr. Molly thinks we could put money into it and make it nice.  I know that this takes time, patience, and money and I don't really have any of those to spare on a "fixer upper."

So now we are down to two.  Both in the same neighborhood... the neighborhood we like ok. 

This one:
It seems like it might be pretty good.  I don't love the street appeal from this picture and I don't love the fireplace and the lawn/yard probably needs work the back.  But it could be pretty good.

And then this one:
Which just looks really small in the picture (why do realtors do that) when in fact it's 3200 sq feet above ground.  It does not have a finished basement, but is at a lower price point so we could finish it the way we want.  It looks like it doesn't have houses behind it which is nice.

There's also a new listing that just came on today (OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!) in a neighborhood we haven't looked in too much.  This neighborhood is kind of like our current one in places, but then there are some places that are nicer.  Mr. Molly drove by it (b/c there are no pics online yet) and said the street appeal is very good.  So we are going to try to add it to the list:

Could "NO PHOTO" be "THE ONE"?????   Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment