Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Despair is setting in


The above picture is exactly what I feel like right now.  Except I want to add a caption that says "Woe is me! I can't find a $0.5M house I like!"  Yes, I know my problems are stupid.  There could be much worse situations.  Some people can't afford a $50,000 house.  Some people can't feed their kids and some people's husbands or kids have terminal cancer.

In the grand scheme of things, it's great we sold our house and eventually a house we like will come on the market or we will build one.

However, in my world right now, I look every day at realtor.com and my realtor website saved searches and every day the market is the same.  No new houses coming on, at all.  None. 

We just keep going back to ones we've looked at a million times thinking, "well maybe we could make that work." but we don't want to make a forced decision.  This is our "forever" house.  We don't want to compromise.

I wasn't really feeling this kind of despair until today.  Over the weekend we found a great house that we really liked.  We saw it on Saturday first thing and wanted to go back that same day.  RL couldn't make that work with her schedule so we planned to go back Sunday morning.  On Sat. at 5:30pm it went into contract.  Now, we didn't JUST MISS OUT on this house.  It was on the market for 20 days and it was in a neighborhood that we thought we didn't like.  But it turns out that we DO like some parts of this neighborhood and so we decided to try it out.  We just got there too late.  It was our fault.
Here is what we lost on Sat:
 

Above was actually the 2nd house that we missed out on, but the 1st one was mostly timing.  We saw it before our house was listed and by the time we had our contract it was in contract too:


But we still weren't in despair b/c RL told us that a house is coming on the market in the neighborhood we LOVE as a relocation and it would be listed right in our price range. 

Well, today when we talked to RL she said it's coming on the market way above our price range and we can't afford it.  So all the hope I had put into that little nugget vanished and on came the despair.

Now we are looking at apartments, temporary living.  That could end up being a year.  Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment