Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dream House

I have a secret for you guys.  We bought our dream house!!!!!!!!  (pending inspection and appraisal)


Here it is!!!!!!   We are so ridiculously excited!!!!

I didn't tell you about it because I didn't want to jinx it.  But here is the story:

Wednesday 4/25:  In the middle of my despair over there being nothing on the market BFF convinces me that we might be able to afford this house (even though it is priced above Mr. Molly's original "acceptable range").  Also on this day Mr. Molly leaves for a business trip.

Thursday 4/26:  I convince RL to take me on a secret trip to see the house.  I know it will be perfect (from online pictures) but I want to make sure there are no deal breakers before I even approach the subject with Mr. Molly.  It is perfect.

Friday 4/27:  Still having not done due dilligence on the numbers, Mr. Molly agrees to see the house when he gets back in town.  Driving forces were 1) the house is perfect, 2) there is nothing else on the market, 3) we have nothing to lose, and 4) interest rates will never be this low.   He loved it, but he still wants to number crunch to make sure we can make it work.

Saturday 4/28:  We go and look at houses that are in the original "acceptable range" and they are all horrible.  Good houses on bad lots, or bad houses on good lots.  It makes Dream House look even better.  Mr. Molly spends 5hrs crunching numbers.  We make an offer Sat. evening with an idea of what our maximum amount would be that we can be comfortable paying.  We offer $35k below asking price.

Sunday 4/29:  They counter.  They only come down 5K.  We are sad but forage on closer to our max cap.  We counter to them and come up $10k.  Now we are $20k apart. I spend considerable time internet stalking the sellers.  I find out that they are moving out West, that their daughter is graduating this year and going to school out West, and what they do for a living including the company he currently works for and his new position out West.  The internet is amazing.

Monday 4/30:  They counter.  They only come down 5k.  I am starting to get discouraged.  We are still $15k apart and we are very close to our max cap.  We counter with a "best and final" offer and we are willing to walk away if they don't take it.  I can not breathe or sleep.

Tuesday 5/1:  They accept our best and final!!!!!!!  I am shocked and amazed.  I really thought we were going to lose it. 

Closing is set for 6/30 and we can take possession on 7/5.  Happy Independence Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment