Friday, May 11, 2012

Inspection Round #2

So we had the inspection on Dream House on Wednesday morning.  I got to spend 4 hours in the house and when I walked out of it I loved it 10 times more than the first 2 times I had been in it... if that is even possible.

Nothing major went on in the inspection, so that was a good thing.  We submitted our "Request to Remedy" yesterday and now (according to the contract) there are 3 days for us to work out an agreement.  I'm stressing a little bit b/c they haven't gotten back to us yet.  Once it becomes the weekend it's harder for us to get the signatures scanned and sent electronically.  Especially since we are going out of town this weekend. 

Before you say anything - I know it's stupid to go out of town when you are moving in less than 2 weeks and haven't packed a box yet.  But it's my Birthday and Mother's Day and this was planned before we even put our house on the market. 

Here's some things I noticed about the Dream House that I hadn't noticed before (or paid too much attention to):
  • There are speakers in the ceilings in the kitchen and other rooms.  I suspect they are hooked up to some central system.  Not sure if it is still functional but if it is that's kind of cool.
  • No official pantry in the kitchen.  Lots of cabinets though so not a huge deal.
  • The kids rooms also have built ins in the closets.... soooo nice!  I thought it was just the walk in closets in the master and the guest suite but it's all the bedrooms!
  • The master bath has little towel holders mounted to the wall.  This is so cool b/c you don't have to take up room on your counter for towels.  There are also 2 awesome chandelier type light fixtures in the master bath and the shower has like 5 nozzles and a rain shower thing.  The jets in the jacuzzi work too.  I may actually never leave the bathroom.
  • The crawl space in the basement is seriously huge.  It runs the entire length of the house and in the back you can stand up in it.
  • There are SIX cable outlets in the basement.  SIX.
  • There are 2 a/c units and 2 furnaces and a 75g water tank and a humidifier hooked up to the furnace.
  • There is a back up battery on the sump pump.
  • The roof is only 4-5 yrs old.
  • You can walk to a huge pond from our house in like 2 minutes.
  • The current owners have a huge golden retriever dog.  They hid it so well that I never even considered they had a pet.
  • The double ovens are actually 1 oven and one micro/oven.  I never noticed that there is not an official microwave, just a "micro-oven."
  • There's a big closet in the basement that I didn't notice before.
  • Two things that I wonder if they will leave: a huge trampoline hiding behind the pine trees in the backyard; and a portable fire pit on the patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment