Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lost and Found

The process of packing up all our worldly belongings caused us to find many items that have been missing for some time.  For example:

  • Mr. Molly's spare car keys.  Would have been helpful a couple of months ago when Molly's dad locked himself out of Mr. Molly's car and had to have someone come and open it.
  • The power cord to the video camera.  Luckily in this day and age you can just use your phone as a video camera, but I really missed being able to use our real one.  Now we can watch all the old movies we took when the boys were little!
  • Toys, toys, toys.  So many random little pieces of toys.  It's like they mate with the dust bunnies and multiply.
  • My "cash for gold" jewelry I was planning to sell the next time someone invited me to a "cash for gold" party (which, by the way has never happened).
  • Huge stash of Mr. Molly's grandma's crystal.  Now this was never lost, but I had a lot of it displayed in my china cabinet and I forgot I had a whole additional box full in my basement.  Such beautiful gorgeous crystal.  I can't WAIT to display it in my new dining room.
  • One John Deere Christmas ornament and one plastic plate holder stuck in the crumpled up paper in a box that someone gave me that she had gotten from someone else.  I gave them to Goodwill.
  • Lots and lots of expired food and medicine.  I gave them to the dumpster at the Adventure House.
  • My preserved wedding dress.  Again, not lost but it was fun to pull the box out of the bag and look at the beautiful dress through the little plastic window.  That was $385 well spent.  /sarcasm
  • The remote control and instruction manual to a DVD/VCR combo that we threw out years ago.
  • Cowgirl hat.  That I got at my bridal shower.  Yes, I married a Texan.
  • Molly's mom's handkerchief she used at her wedding. 

Not found yet:  My sunglasses. 
Last seen:  When BFF was visiting 2 weekends ago.
Outlook: Not good

No comments:

Post a Comment