Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Bed

I hate the bed at the AH.  Like, it makes me really angry.

It is supposed to be a queen but it feels like a double.  It's not only small width wise but short too, and my feet always hang off the end.  The sheets and pillowcases are scratchy/rough and the pillow is horrible.  The comforter is ugly motel-style and rough feeling.  And the thing is creaky.

When I lay down in the bed to go to sleep I just lay there.  I can't get comfortable and I can't stop my mind.  I start to feel panicky about how I can't sleep and I'm going to be tired and cranky the next day.  I start to have anxiety and I get this horrible feeling like I"m choking on my own air.  I get short of breath and start swallowing air and clenching my jaw.  I blame the bed.

That thing looks innocent but it's not. 

Especially when you are used to this:


I'm not quite sure why I'm so stressed.  I guess I'm just not cut out for apartment living.  I pretty much hate it.  It doesn't feel like home at all to me.  I thought that it would be great to not have to bring anything but our clothes but in reality I just feel like I'm using someone else's stuff.  Someone else's cups, plates, couch, shower....

Plus, the pool was supposed to be the best part about this whole temporary living thing.  Guess what? It's totally not.  If it was a weekend morning it would probably be hunky-dory.  However, around 1pm the smell of desperation starts to set in.  I expected young hot single 20-somethings looking to mingle.  Instead it's desperately divorced single 30-somethings who look like they've lived a hard life.  They smoke and drink not only in the pool area but in the street outside our unit.  They play loud music and yell obscenities at each other.  The other day Mr. Molly witnessed 2 grown drunk men wrestling.  It's like we live at Animal House.  Totally not appropriate for my little munchkins to be jumping in with their water wings next to these desperadoes.

So basically RL better set my closing date this week or I'm going to freak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment