Saturday, June 2, 2012

Surprised Myself

I drove by the old house today.  I really thought I'd drive by all the time, but I have not been there since the day after we turned over the keys, 11 days ago.  There were a couple reasons for this (going out of town, not wanting to bring the kids anywhere near there, etc) but I still surprised myself by staying away so long.

It wasn't all that exciting and I don't think I'll go back.  Jack and Jill haven't taken care of the yard at all and they put some random stuff on the front porch.  The back yard is full of kids toys, just like ours was.  They are going to be just as annoyed as we were at the slope of the backyard.  There is not a lot of space for toys to be functional.

Tomorrow Jim and Cindy's daughter, Brenda, graduates high school.  They are probably having a raging party tonight.  Hopefully they don't trash the Dream House.  After that their "out of town guests" will leave and they can focus on packing up and moving out.  Hasta la Vista!

27 more days.  I went to the grocery store today and most of the things I bought expire after our closing.  But not the milk yet, the milk expires June 16th.  I did see this car while driving to work the other day:


His temp plates expire on our closing date.  Mr. Molly thinks I'm weird for taking this pic.  Probably true.

I took a "strengths finder" test at work yesterday as part of a team building exercise we are going to do.  Within the description of my #3 strength it said "You are very impatient."  Also true.

No comments:

Post a Comment