Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Little Twinges

I haven't been inside Dream House for a long time now.  The last time was May 9th, almost 6 weeks ago.  I can still look at pictures online and drive by of course, but it's the feel of the house that I miss.

Honestly, I try not to think about the actual house b/c I can drive myself crazy.  I'm not one to plan out rooms or dream about paint colors... I leave that to Molly's Mom.  I definitely did not get that gene.  However, every once in a while I get a little twinge.

This morning I am driving to work and look down and see my pants are dirty.  It is very possible that they became dirty during the wrangling of the little ones from the AH to the car to the school.  However I think it's more likely that the lighting in the bedroom and closet make it so I can't really see if my pants are clean or dirty.  As I'm thinking about this I get what I call a little twinge.  It's just a quick mental vision of my master closet in the Dream House.  All white, built in rods and drawers and shelves, high ceiling, plenty of space and light.  And I just think, I want to be in that closet.  When I get in that closet, I will not wear dirty pants anymore.

9 more days till I can get inside Dream House again.

When I open the freezer door in AH there is inevitably an avalanche of boxes and bags that fall on my head.  The freezer is tiny and for this microwave-cook, frozen food is my lifeline.  When I open the AH freezer and a bag of frozen fajitas hits me followed by a box of frozen lasagna and some mini-pancakes I get a little twinge.  Quick mental vision of Dream House's huge freezer the size of a full refrigerator in all its stainless steel glory.  When my frozen foods are in that fridge, I will never have corn dogs falling on my head again.

10 more days until I own Dream House.

So many little twinges all the time.  The shower with 5 sprayers and room for two.  The private water closet part of the master bath.  The awesome tile work in all the baths but especially the half bath downstairs and the Jack and Jill.  I can just envision our new 61in TV perfectly in the basement and myself grabbing a coke zero from the fridge down there and settling in to watch Big Bang Theory (latest obsession).  Molly's Mom making ribs in Dream House's double oven.  My kids running around in the backyard while we sit on outdoor living furniture on the brick patio.  These little twinges come and go, but I try not to let myself dwell on them. 

15 days until we move to the Dream House.

No comments:

Post a Comment