Friday, June 22, 2012

Close

This morning Mr. Molly took the liberty of adjusting the countdown on our AH refrigerator.  I came downstairs and noticed it was adjusted and was shocked.  I think the countdown started at 46 days and every single day I have been the one to change it. 

Today it went form 13 to 12 (days till we get the keys) and all of the sudden Mr. Molly took an interest.  I asked him why and he said "well, I'm excited."  I said, "you ARE?!?" because a conservative Texan doesn't show excitement the same way a liberal Italian does.  And he said "Yes, because it's getting close now."  Apparently to him 12 days is officially "close."

We can also tell it's getting "close" because all of the sudden RL and MG have started emailing and calling us after a month of silent waiting.  RL has the walk through and the closing all scheduled.  MG has a couple of last minute documentation items he needs (of course).  The point is, we are back on their radar screens.

I need to find out what time on July 4th we get possession.  According to the contract it is 3pm.  But I know that's just a time and not the real time.  If I can get in earlier, I might see if I can get the carpets cleaned.  Jim and Cindy have a big dog and I'm not sure what the state of the carpets is as a result of that.  It can't be too bad b/c we didn't even notice they had a dog until we did the inspection.  Jim and Cindy are smart.

This weekend we are doing two Dream House related things.  Tonight we are going to the Parade of Homes to check out what cool ideas the designers have come up with that we may want to copy.  If I see anything cool I will take a pic and share it here.  Either Sat. or Sun. we are going to an Art Festival at a local mall.  We have a lot of spots in the Dream House that will require artwork and at this point we are just going to get ideas and maybe find a local artist that we like.  Either way, it's fun to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment