Saturday, June 23, 2012

Parade

Mr. Molly and I got a sitter and went to the Parade of Homes on Friday night.  My goal was to get some ideas for Dream House as far as decorating and furniture placement.  Mostly I wanted to get ideas for the kids "big boy rooms", the basement, and the staging of the family room.

The houses in the Parade were just ok.  Lower price points than last year and several non-custom homes.  The best thing about the Parade was that it made us appreciate Dream House even more, mostly the neighborhood.  With these new homes you just don't get neighborhoods with established trees.  There was not a single yard that came even close to comparing to Dream House. 

I tried to take pics of the stuff I liked. 
This was a cool kids room.  I especially LOVE that nightstand and I thought it was need how they had those bars to hold books above the bed.  I like the metal shelf as well for trophies and such.

On the wall opposite of the bed were these cool metal baskets mounted to hold toys, papers, etc. 

In general, the basements were not that impressive.  They were either over the top, or basically a big empty room.  One thing that did catch my eye was this cool chalkboard on one whole wall. 

Mr. Molly wasn't too impressed so I don't know if we'll actually do it in our basement. 

That was pretty much it as far as ideas for Dream House.  I told you it was slim pickings.  The two coolest things I saw were a wall in a study that looked like a bookshelf but opened up into a closet, and this awesome wall in a great room:

Up above those are all spots for wine bottles and on the left is a sliding ladder that you can use to get to them. 

Sorry for the low quality of the camera phone pics.  The place was packed so it was really hard to get pics. 
I'm glad we went.  It was nice to have a date night and to give ourselves even more reason to appreciate the Dream House.

No comments:

Post a Comment