Monday, July 23, 2012

Progress

Last week was definitely a week of progress.  Between bringing all that furniture back from my Grandma's house and my mom being here all week to make everything perfect and clean, I feel like the house is really pretty settled.

Sunday:  Came home with a dining room table, 6 chairs, a china cabinet, a server/buffet, a triple dresser, a desk, and two twin beds. 

Monday:  Mom hung all the remaining pictures and rearranged some furniture.  She also hung a rug on the wall in the playroom.

Tuesday: Mom spent a lot of time cleaning.  Apparently, according to Mom, Cindy should be embarrassed at the state that she left the Dream House in, and she obviously has no idea how to clean.  I didn't point out that I also have no idea how to clean.  It was implied though since Mom had to purchase a bunch of cleaning supplies.

Wednesday:  I don't remember what happened on this day, but progress was made.

Thursday:  All at the same time the alarm guy, the electrician, and the furniture delivery guys arrived at Dream House.  The alarm guy hooked us up with alarms on 3 doors and 3 motion detectors.  The electrician hooked us up with 3 ceiling fans, one in each of the upstairs bedrooms.  And the furniture delivery guys brought the leather sectional and ottoman.  Phew! 

Friday:  Mom just cooked all morning because we had to go out of town (again) for a reunion (again) so that was the end of the progress.

Still much needs to be done and we are having our first BBQ with my very closest friends on Saturday.  My girls will not judge me for what still needs to be done and purchased or how clean/unclean it may or may not be.  Instead, they will celebrate with me and we will all enjoy each other's company.  The men will drink beer and eat brats.  The kids will destroy the playroom.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment