Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Control Issues

I am a planner. I like to be in control and master the logistics.  For this move I have had everything planned out to the smallest detail for months.  My change of address cards were ordered, addressed, and stamped a month ago. 

So the hiccups and the cough basically destroyed any sense of control I had over this move and that made me want to punch someone.  As of this morning there were 3 things completely out of my control:
1) If there was power at the AH, and if not where was I going to stay on Wed night
2) If there was street access to the AH, and if not how was I going to move all my stuff out on Thursday
3) If Cindy's movers were going to be able to get her out of my house on Wednesday per our contract

I can not control the power company, the police department, or Cindy's movers (or Cindy who is proving to be much too laid back for my tastes). 

So here is what I have done so far to address these issues:
1)  There most certainly is not and will not be power at the AH.  We will be staying with Bestie whose power was restored yesterday.  We will leave the kids here at Molly's Parents House and they will drive to Dream House with the kids on Thursday.
2)  There are two entrances to the AH complex, both off of the road that is closed.  However one of them (the back entrance) is right by a drug store.  If someone can get to the drug store, they can get to AH.  I called the drug store, and it rang!  I got a recording but they said they are OPEN (implying people can drive there) and they are running on a generator.  If people can drive there, they can drive to AH.  Problem solved.
3)  I called our movers and asked them not to show up until noon on Thursday.  They put in the request and that's all I can do.  I'm not going to change it to Friday.... I need to get in that house.  If we are moving in while they are moving out that is going to suck, but it is what it is.  Cindy still seems convinced we are coming on Thursday morning (per an email this morning) but indicated she may not be there by giving me the garage code.  Baby steps.  This is the one thing I really can't control so I'm trying to just be positive that I solved the other 2 problems. JCRL will have to pay us at least $100 for us not getting possession on the correct date, unless Cindy is out of there Wed night.

I don't know why I feel so much aggression over this whole thing.  I think I need to go to a kick boxing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment