Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pillows

I never before realized how important pillows are to a home.  The quality and quantity of your pillows can make or break your home (when it comes to the judgement of guests). 

For one there are the decorative/throw pillows that go on couches and chairs.  I'm not entirely happy with all my ones in the family room, and I don't have ANY in the basement.  Molly's Mom says pillows don't work well on faux leather.  I will try to prove her wrong.  I also need some comfy ones for the sitting area in the master bedroom (see Wordless Wednesday #4). 

But a bigger issue is the pillows you have on your beds.  There are sleeping pillows, what I call "hugging pillows," and decorative "making the bed" pillows.  Ironically, at least in our house, the "making the bed" pillows are the ones of highest quality.  But when you actually go to bed, they just get thrown on the floor.

Note:  In the middle of writing this, through a conversation with Bestie, I realized that writing a blog post about pillows may be a new low.  However I've already gone this far and so in honor of pillows everywhere I shall continue.

"Thank you Molly!  We are honored!"
In our house we have 5 beds.  How many pillows do you think are required for 5 beds?  Seriously.  If I knew how to insert a poll here, I would.  You probably can't answer accurately unless you know the size of the beds.  Well then it's 2 twin beds, 2 double beds, and 1 queen.  Now what do you think?  Time's up, pencils down.

My answer is 24.

Currently we have 18.  Hence, I need 6 pillows.  2 of them would be decorative for the boys' rooms and I think Molly's Mom is going to be dealing with that over Christmas so now I need 4.  Where do they go?  2 on each guest bed.  Why is this important? 

It's not really.  Because these ones I need are not decorative and I have guests coming 3 times this month.  Hence, my oldest son and I are taking a trip to Bed, Bath, and Beyond tonight to buy 4 pillows.  You're welcome future guests.

According to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, when you are purchasing sleeping/hugging pillows you need to be cognisant of the Fiber, Fill Power, and Size.  It's like the 4 C's of buying a diamond.  Except it's a pillow.  They actually sell a pillow that costs $220.  Might as well be a diamond.
It looks like this:
Obviously, $220 each, right?
The cheapest pillow they have is $6 and it looks like this:
You can totally tell the difference, right?

So anyway.  I'll get something in between that my guests will love and now you know everything you ever needed to know about pillows.  But just in case you want to know more, here you go.  You're welcome readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment