Friday, August 31, 2012

Backyard BBQ

In order to celebrate moving into Dream House and "debut" the house to my besties I decided to have a Backyard BBQ. There are 9 kids among me and my 4 besties so backyard was definitely the way to go. Plus, I figured it's pretty easy to grill and have picnic-type sides. I really did not think the BBQ was that big of a deal. I even called it a "No Judgement BBQ" to imply that my friends could not judge me for the unsettled state of the house, since the BBQ was scheduled for exactly 3 weekends after we moved in.

What I didn't count on was that of those 3 weekends, one was moving in and two were out of town. This fact caused Mr. Molly to feel very unsettled about having 8 adults and 7 kids over to look at our unpacked boxes and not hung pictures. Of course, he underestimated the power of Molly's Mom and her unpacking/decorating/overall awesomeness. In addition to that, I decided to rent a bounce house and take a day off of work to clean in the hopes that Mr. Molly would relax about it.

The BBQ was really low key and fun. The Bounce House was very key (my co-worker loaned it to me for $0.25 - SCORE!!)


Everyone brought food and the kids had a ball. My besties liked the house, though it was a lovely day/evening so we all just hung out outside. My kids enjoyed showing their friends their rooms and playroom and they all got into the dress up.



Even Mr. Molly had to admit, the No Judgement BBQ was a success and a really relaxing and fun experience. Can't WAIT to entertain a LOT more as we continue to get settled into Dream House.

No comments:

Post a Comment