Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holiday Season

Well, I did the best I could before the arrival of Molly's Mom.  I feel like for this year we're just not going to do the house justice and that's ok.  Next year, that's when it will all come together.

So here's what the outside of Dream House looks like.  These pics were taken at 10pm so it's very black.  But honestly, I'm never home in the light anymore.  I managed to get up the candles in the windows, a snowman mat, and the wreath.  I did not get up the garland on the fence, the garland on the posts, or the lights on the bushes.
Next year.
 
 
 
Inside is a little better.  My helpers pitched in:

Molly's Mom sent me a package, and it turned into this:
This picture makes me happy.
Note the train under the tree... I don't have it lit up and moving and singing in this pic.

This area is also festive:
Though what would make it really good would be some lighted garland on the stairs.
Next year.
 
 
Over here we have the snowman collection and manger scene:
And in the kitchen we have our advent wreath and another little tree on the china cabinet:

I think that the dining room came out really nice (thanks to Molly's mom's shipment):
Did you spot Charlie the Elf?
 



So that's about it.  I'm missing a lot of stuff outside but the inside is pretty cozy and that's what really matters.  The kids are really enjoying the fact that the Dream House has a FIREPLACE so Santa can finally come to OUR house for the first time ever.  Should be really fun!

And now I am headed to BFF's house to finish up my shopping list and love on her kiddos.  Au revoir!  And good luck to Mr. Molly!

No comments:

Post a Comment