Friday, September 21, 2012

Cat Haven

So anyone who knows me is probably aware that I am not a huge animal lover.  I mean, I don't hate animals and I don't avoid being around them, but I don't have any desire to own or take care of one.  If there's a cute dog around I will pet it, same with a cat.  But I'm not like "ZOMG, your DOG is SO CUTE!! What kind is it?!?  What is it's name?!?  How old is it?!?" 

As a result of this general attitude towards animals, the universe has made it so that animals are naturally drawn to me.  When I go to someones house and they have a dog/cat that animal is all up on me all the time.  That's just how it goes.  I'm fine with it as long as I don't have to take it home with me. 

So we move into dream house and there is an amazing backyard.  Remember?  Which has somehow become (or maybe always was) a haven for cats. Kind of like this:


Well obviously not that bad, I tend to exaggerate.  However, pretty much every day there are at least 3 different cats that have been in our yard at one time or another.  They like to come around in the morning, lay on the bricks in the afternoon sun, or hang out when we are BBQing. 

This cat is particularly friendly:

We call her "Tootsie 2" because she started showing up right after Mr. Molly's mom's very very old cat passed away.  She likes to come right up to us and then dart away when we reach out to her.  She also likes to come right up to the screen door and meow at us if we won't let her in.  We think her real name is "Ginger" but we always call her Tootsie 2.

So it's ironic that my general dislike of animals has led to this cat infestation.  What kind of diseases do outdoor cats carry?  I don't even want to think about it.  But they are here, they obviously love the Dream House as much as we do and I can't blame them.

The backyard certainly is a haven.  I guess I didn't realize before we signed the papers that it was a Cat Haven.  I'll have to set up a massage table out there or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment